17 things I tell my 17 year-old self when I need motivation-
- It’s never too late.
- If you don’t do it now, you probably never will.
- Happiness is a choice.
- Challenges are good. They make you a stronger person.
- If it’s not a priority, push it aside.
- If it’s not a priority, it can wait.
- It’s okay to break down.
- Don’t ever say: i’ll do it later. You’re fooling your future self by doing so.
- There is an outcome for everything that you do. Do it only and only if it will make you happy in the long run
- When work piles up on the table, don’t hide under it. Break it up into smaller sections, and work on them.
- When things get tough, distract yourself.
- Listen to spoken word poetry, Daughter, and Paramore.
- Having yourself pulled together is attractive.
- Knowing what you want is alluring.
- Be productive- it’s a healthier way of living.
- Remember: the demons will enter you head only if you let them.
- It’s not child’s play. But it’s not rocket science either.